The goal of the Advocates program is to partner with the President's Challenge to promote participation in and use of the President’s Challenge Physical Activity and Fitness Awards Program.
Million PALA Challenge:
For 2010‐2011, Advocates are asked to support the PCFSN’s “Million PALA Challenge.” and incorporate promotion of the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA) in their partnership activities. PALA is for people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities and is a great way to jumpstart or maintain a healthy lifestyle. The “Million PALA Challenge” supports First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative to end the epidemic of childhood obesity within a generation by getting more youth and families active.
- Complete the President's Challenge Advocate Application (see below)
- Once a completed application is received and approved, a Letter of Understanding including the terms of the partnership will be sent to the primary organization contact for agreement and signature.
What are the benefits to a partner?
- Use of the President’s Challenge logo and materials
- Template press release to announce partnership
- Promotion of partnership on President’s Challenge website and newsletter
- Access to awards featuring the signature of the Council co-chairs
- An easy‐to‐use mechanism to help improve the physical activity of your group
- Sharing of success stories on the President’s Challenge Million PALA Challenge blog